||A Youth Sweepstakes Event!
|Saturday, September 10, 6:00 pm – Sale Arena
The Lead Line is a competition where entrants are judged on the fashion and fit of their wool garments (purchased or handmade) while leading a sheep. The objective of this event is to present a class of sheep in the most attractive manner, to give spectators a real opportunity to view a style show and to improve the image of a sheep show that promotes wool. This event showcases the beauty and versatility of wool clothing for all occasion wear and gives youth the opportunity to showcase their involvement in the sheep industry.
SHEEP COSTUME CLASS
The Sheep Costume Class is open to any individual or family interested in sheep. The object is to promote lamb and wool. The exhibit is to be judged on the attractiveness and originality of the costume and theme or idea presented by both competitor and sheep. This class is open to all exhibitors 6 months to 100 years of age! *All other rules apply.
Lead Line Entry Fee: $10.00 per entrant ($5.00 for any entrant participating in the 2016 Wisconsin Make It With Wool competition)
ENTRY DEADLINE – AUGUST 15
Entry Deadline: August 15 - ENTER ONLINE at www.wisconsinsheepandwoolfestival.com
Late Entries: Late entries will be accepted until August 29 with an entry fee of $15; $10 for entrants participating in the Make It With Wool competition.
Late entries should enter online www.wisconsinsheepandwoolfestival.com
Location: Sale Arena (Open and Junior Sheep Show Arena)
Schedule: 5:00 – 5:45 p.m. – Check-in
6:00 p.m. – Lead Line – Classes will enter youngest to oldest.
- Entrants must wear a garment made of wool; garments may be purchased or constructed by or for the entrant and should be age appropriate and lend elegance to the class. The garment should be made of at least 70% wool. Does not apply to Sheep Costume Class. Please see above for *Sheep Costume Class requirements
- Sheep must be a ewe (of any age – no rams), conditioned, fitted and trained to show at halter. Rules for exhibiting sheep at the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival will apply to these animals. Lead Line sheep do not have to be owned by the contestant.
- Entrants must provide a one-page commentary of 200 words or less to be read during the class including the following: breed of sheep being led, sponsor of the animal (if any), brief biography, awards received, hobbies, sheep interests, schooling and description of garment.
- Entrant’s age on January 1, 2016 should be used to determine his/her class.
Class 1 – Beginner Costume Class (age 10 and under)
Class 2 – Intermediate Costume Class (age 11- 16)
Class 3 – Senior Costume Class (16 and above)
** The age group for the costume class is subject to change: will depend on number of participants.
** If participating in the Costume Class, you may have a team of individuals; however cash prizes will be split amongst the team.
Class 4 – Age 10 & under
Class 5 – Ages 11-13
Class 6 – Ages 14 - 16
Class 7 – Ages 17 – 21
Class 8 – Over 21
5. Awards: Cash prizes for 1st through 4th places as follows:
- 1st Place $25
- 2nd Place $20
- 3rd Place $15
- 4th Place and down - $10
6. Have difficulty accessing the Festival website? Contact 608 868-2505 evenings or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Please call Jessica Alf at 608-868-2505 or email email@example.com.
- Garment Construction; visibility of wool Style and/or Fashion Accessories
- Entrant’s Poise, Entrant’s Appearance
- Control of Animal Presentation and Appearance of Animal